I am thankful for countless blessings and gifts from heaven
above. I am thankful for the freedom to
exercise free will in the pursuit of happiness, so long as I cause no harm to
others. I am thankful for my parents who
gave me the beliefs and values that taught me right from wrong. I am thankful for my wife who keeps me on the
straight and narrow, most of the time J. I am thankful for my children who are the
light of my world. I am thankful for my
grandchildren who allow me to see the world anew. I am thankful for all the people I have had
the chance to meet and for my extended family and friends. In short, I am thankful for all I am and all
that I have.
The question that begs to be asked is, “why do we consciously
have just one day that we take time off to be thankful?” Personally, I am thankful for every day that
is given to me. Truthfully, in the
busyness of life, I don’t take time every day to pause and extend gratitude for
the fortunate life I have been afforded.
I do not have to look very far to find people less “lucky” than I. Thus, being thankful should be a constant for
each of us beyond the one day we designate.
Spending time in forests, the mountains, the beaches with my
thoughts and camera brings my focus toward the awe of the world about me and
the thankfulness to be a part of it. Note to self, get out and get away more often to
see the beauty of where I am and give thanks every day.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment