Friday, 8 April 2011

Starting Terry's TV Blog

It has been nearly 2 years since I last received a paycheck from an employer and I am so very tired of this scenario, as is my immediate family.  I spend hours each day submitting applications for employment close by and far away.  A frustrating experience is a great understatement.  To keep from going stir crazy, I decided I needed to do more constructive things with my time that would stimulate my mind as if I were at work rather than looking for work.

Why a blog?  Facebook is a great medium for gaining snippets of insight about someone, reconnecting or keeping in touch.  It does not satisfy the need to expound on expression of thoughts.  Hence, blogs were created to give people who believe they have something to say a platform to say what they would like others to hear.  How egoist and selfish is that?

Additionally, while being comfortable in front of a group speaking to others, I am more effective in articulating my thoughts via writing than speaking.  And, social media (blogs, tweets, friend updates, etc.) provide a vast network of readers whose numbers could not be equaled through face to face interaction.

So here I am, making my first stab at creating a blog.  Not just any blog, but a blog about my thoughts and views about people, i.e., the imponderable events, the plausible outcomes, my acute reflections, and the queries that surround life’s mysteries; both tragic and comedic.  The name of this weekly blog is Terry’s TV (Thoughts & Views).  Hope that you will tune in from time to time or become a regular viewer and hope that my thoughts and views will trigger your own to concur with mine, disagree with me, or take some positive action that benefits you and others.

http://terryltv.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment